A crosstab is a table showing the relationship between two or more variables. Crosstab is used in survey reports to find out interrelationships and interactions between variables.
Methodify users have the ability to use crosstab functionality within their live or closed projects. All filters within the project are used within the crosstab by default. If you require an additional filter within your report, please contact your Methodify account representative.
How to access Crosstab
To access crosstab within your project, follow the steps below: (Note: Crosstab is only available in Methodify reporting 2.0)
- Open the project report you wish to explore
- Find the question report block you want to investigate
- Open the question report bock by clicking on the block
- Use the crosstab toggle to switch to the crosstab table
How to use Crosstab
Use the Show Columns selection area to select the variables you would like to include in the crosstab view. By default all filter variables are selected.
Reading the Table
- Column headers display the filer variable names and answer options.
- The first column displays the answer options within the question.
- The total row displays the total n size of the respondents asked the question.
- Each data cell contains the count and percentage of respondents that selected the answer. (The percentage are based on the total selected sample size of the question.)
To sort data within a column, click on the column heading to sort the data ascending. To sort the data descending click on the column heading again.
- Show data as Numbers: The data cells display only the numbers.
- Show data as Percentage: The data cells display only the percentages.
- Show data as Both: The data cells display numbers and percentages.
- Suppress Zero Columns: Hides all columns in the table that have zero counts for all rows.
- Suppress Zero Rows: Hides all rows in the table that have zero counts for all columns.
- Significance Testing: See Significance Testing Article
- Transpose Tables: Changes the axis of table so that rows become columns and the columns become rows.
- Export to XLS: The current settings view is exported to an Excel file.